- 3/13/2017: The permit applicant, Phillips 66, has requested Department of the Army authorization for ten-year maintenance dredging of Barge Piers “A” and “B” at the Phillips 66 Bayway Refinery at 1400 Park Avenue in the City of Linden, Union County, New Jersey. All resultant dredged material is proposed to be mechanically dredged with a standard environmental closed-bucket clamshell dredge and loaded onto floating barges for transport to a State-approved upland disposal facility. The stated purpose of the project is to maintain and improve safe vessel navigational and mooring depths at Barge Piers “A” and “B” at the Phillips 66 Bayway Refinery for transfer of liquid bulks and other materials for use in refining processes. Maintenance dredging at Barge Piers “A” and “B” was historically authorized by DA Permit Numbers NAN-2004-00327 and NAN-1992-07650.
Expiration date: 4/14/2017
- 3/9/2017: The permit applicant, New York State Canal Corporation, has requested Department of the Army authorization to perform dredging, with ten-years maintenance, upland disposal and return flow to the waterway, of accumulated sediment within a 22.75 mile portion of the Champlain Canal to restore and maintain the State navigation channel to its previously approved width and depth. The project is located in the Towns of Fort Ann, Fort Edward, Harford, Kingsbury and Whitehall, and Villages of Fort Ann, Fort Edward and Whitehall in Washington County, New York.
Expiration date: 4/11/2017
- 2/16/2017: The permit applicant, Suffolk County Department of Public Works, has requested Department of the Army authorization to perform dredging with ten-year maintenance with placement of all resultant dredged material at a designated beach placement area. The project is located at Miamogue Lagoon at Flanders Bay, Great Peconic Bay; and the Flanders Bay shoreline west of the Miamogue Lagoon entrance to Flanders Bay; all within the Town of Riverhead, Suffolk County, New York. The stated purpose of this project is to provide safe navigation for recreational marine vessels transiting between Miamogue Lagoon and Flanders Bay as well as to provide sand nourishment for the Flanders Bay shoreline for erosion and flood protection. DA Permit Number NAN-2004-01343, issued to the Suffolk County Department of Public Works on 12 September 2007 for ten-year maintenance dredging of the Miamogue Lagoon entrance to Flanders Bay, expires on 12 September 2017.
Expiration date: 3/19/2017
- 2/14/2017: The applicant, New York City Department of Design and Construction, has requested Department of the Army authorization to complete the build-out of Starlight Park and the Bronx River Greenway in Bronx River, Borough of Bronx, Bronx County, New York.
Expiration date: 3/20/2017
- 1/26/2017: The applicant, State University of New York Maritime College, has requested Department of the Army authorization for the proposed expansion of the existing approximately 6,460 square foot marine facility to approximately 19,075 square feet in East River, Borough of Bronx, Bronx County, New York.
Expiration date: 3/1/2017