This is an initial update on the weather predicted for Wednesday 11 DEC 19:
1. The National Weather Service (NWS) forecasts a winter weather advisory moving into the NYC area early Wednesday , December 11th and will persist until Wednesday afternoon. Expected snowfall accumulation in the Winter Weather Advisory area is 1 to 2 inches in the New York City Area. North and west of New York City there may be up to 4 inches of snow. Areas south of New York City expected to receive less than an inch of snow. Snow should taper off before noon.
2. The New York District at 26 Federal Plaza remains open for regular business. Field Offices (New Jersey Area, Metro East/West, Northern NY Area, Ft. Drum, Albany, Watervliet, Caven Point) will follow their standing inclement weather policies, depending on the impacts of the storm.
3. Should weather conditions change an update to message will be sent to all employees. If you do not have access to your USACE email, updates will also be available on our employee hotline at 888-700-0029 .
4. For District Offices outside the New York/New Jersey Metro Area please contact your supervisors for guidance regarding the current weather situation.
5. Plan on slippery road conditions for tomorrow mornings commute. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning and/or evening commute use caution while driving, especially in the outer portion of the NAN AOR.
6. If you have questions on your individual duty status contact your supervisor. We encourage and expect to exercise liberal leave and situational telework as necessary.
7. Remember that the highest priority is to keep all our employees safe so please keep that in mind when making decisions regarding reporting to work.
8. Managers and supervisors are reminded to verify and update their Emergency Contact Lists as soon as possible upon receipt of this message. Managers and supervisors must be prepared to be able to reach all of their employees in case of emergencies and/or to provide current and critical information.