US Army Corps of Engineers
New York District

Former Raritan Arsenal - Property Description

Project DescriptionMap of the former Raritan Arsenal

The former Arsenal covers approximately 3,200 acres.  The majority of the site is located in Edison Township, with a portion of the site located in Woodbridge Township, in Middlesex County, New Jersey, on the north bank of the Raritan River, approximately 20 miles southwest of lower Manhattan.  It is bordered to the north and northwest by Woodbridge Avenue, to the southwest by Mill Road and the Industrial Land Reclamation (ILR) Landfill, and to the east by vacant and industrial properties.  Most of the land of the former Arsenal is currently zoned industrial.  The majority of former Arsenal land has been developed into the Raritan Center Industrial Park, owned by various private ownership, Region II USEPA, and the United States GSA.

The US Army Corps of Engineers (Corps) is conducting work at the site, under the Defense Environmental Restoration Program for Formerly Used Defense Sites (DERP-FUDS).  DERP-FUDS is a federal program to investigate and clean up any environmental conditions resulting from the Department of Defense's (DoD's) past activities at installations that have since been transferred to private ownership.

If you have any questions or require more information, please contact:

Ms. Sandra L. Piettro, Project Manager
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, New York District
Jacob K. Javits Federal Building
26 Federal Plaza, Room 1811
New York, NY 10278
Telephone (917)790-8487
Email: Sandra.L.Piettro@usace.army.mil

 

Congressional District: New Jersey 6th district - Congressman Frank Pallone, Jr.